ABOUT THE BAYPORT MITIGATION SOLUTION PROGRAM
The Bayport Solution Program is the result of a series of sound mitigation efforts initiated by the Port of Houston Authority. This program included a comprehensive independent
The program provides the owners of 411 residential properties (in an area defined by the results of the study) the opportunity to apply for a mitigation payment for use as the owner sees fit.
BAYPORT SOUND MITIGATION PROGRAM
• As of August 22, 2012 a total of 311 applications have
been received from eligible property owners who are interested
in participating in the sound mitigation program. This number
represents 87 percent of all owners in the
program boundary area.
• As of this same date, a total of 292
applications of owners eligible to participate in the program
have been processed through closing, resulting in mitigation
payments totaling more than $10.3 million.
We have closed on 94 percent of these applicants;
85 percent of these are for homes.
• On September 27, 2011, the Port Commission approved the re-opening of the Mitigation Solution Program to those eligible property owners within the eligible boundary that have not, yet, applied for the program.
• Those property owners that are interested in applying for the program must provide a completed Application to the Port Authority.
• Applications are processed in the order in which they are received. Applications will be date-stamped on receipt to guide the process.
• On November 3, 2011, a letter was sent to remaining eligible property owners, within the predefined boundary, informing them of their opportunity to apply for the Mitigation Program. A sample of the letter is available here.
• Our Community Information Line remains open and we continue to be available for calls at 713-670-1000.
Updated August 23,